Health Pass is mandatory for all visitors 18 years and older to enter museums, monuments & restaurants (from September 30th 2021, Health Pass will also be mandatory for teenagers from 12 to 17 years old):
You must present proof of full vaccination from your country of origin (CDC cards for Us citizens), and your ID. The vaccination must have been done at least:
- 1 week after the 2nd dose for double-shot vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca);
- 28 days after injection for single-shot vaccines (Johnson & Johnson from Janssen);
- 1 week after injection for people who have already had Covid-19 (1 dose only).
You can also present proof of a recent Covid-19 test, either a RT-PCR or antigen test, from within the last 72 hours, and your ID.
Also, masks for each person over 11 will be required.
Meet the Locals is an experience-based travel company specialized in family tours and tailor-made programs led by passionate Parisian and London insiders (our Welcomers) to allow you to live authentic experiences. They will make you feel like a local and you will avoid all the tourist traps! We are far from being a platform that just puts guides/locals in contact with travelers and takes a commission on the way. We are a fully service-orientated company that creates unique family activities to guarantee an immersive cultural exchange. On top of this, you will also benefit from the precious advice of our travel experts to build a personalized program.
- They are genuine, passionate family-friendly locals who love to share their knowledge and tips. They have been carefully recruited for their expertise, their outstanding personality, their friendliness, and of course their love for their city!
- They are all experts in their field: art historians, historians, certified guides, comedians, chefs, photographers, personal shoppers, and more! We have scrupulously verified their reliability over an extensive interview process and their ability to engage children, including evaluation through a series of simulation activities.
Yes, they are! Our tours are always just for you and your family, and can be tailored to suit your desires.
We craft every tour with family travelers in mind. This includes families of all kinds, even if you don’t have kids!
Absolutely, we can tailor any tour to suit your needs. If you don’t see what you are looking for in the tours that we have already crafted, please contact us. We’d love to talk to your family and make it the best trip possible!
Do not hesitate to contact us! We’re here to help 7 days a week. Our team of superheroes will be more than happy to answer any of your queries, advise you on creating a personalized program, or share their best tips. You can contact us:
Yes, MEET THE LOCALS is ATOUT FRANCE (French Government Tourist Office) accredited Tour Operating Company. Our certification number is IM095170004.
You lost your password, shame on you! But don’t worry, this happens to all of us and we have an easy solution. Just click on “I forgot my password” and you will receive an email inviting you to reset your password. You can also access this here: https://www.meet-thelocals.com/my-account/lost-password/. Then simply enter the email address you used for your account and you’ll receive an email inviting you to create a new password. Easy, isn’t it? But this does not mean that you have to forget it again!
You can easily change the address, email address, or phone number you used to set up your account by going to your Account and clicking on “My Information” and “Edit”. Here you can make any adjustments needed in the various fields. After you make the change, don’t forget to click the ‘save’ button.
Yes, Meet the Locals is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation, and wants to make sure your personal data is protected!
If you want to change the time or the date of your booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our very best to satisfy you.
Once your bank authorizes your payment, you will receive an automatic confirmation via your email address with all the information concerning your purchase, including:
- Your reservation status and your booking number.
- A recap of the activities you’ve booked.
- The confirmation of date, time, number of travelers, and meeting point.
Your guide’s phone number will be sent 72h prior to your activity.
The more the merrier! Please just contact us at email@example.com and we can let you know about the extra cost for any additional people.
Whoops! Let us see what we can do. We have a superhero team after all! Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put our magic to work!
If you want to change the time or the date of your booking, please contact us as email@example.com. We will do our very best to satisfy you. No penalty or change fee will be charged if this is a postponement. But if this turns into a cancellation, please read our “WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?”
For any activity on request, you will receive an answer within 24 hours.
In order for your activity to start at the correct time, we ask you to arrive 5-10 minutes early when possible.
If you are going to be late, kindly call us :
In Paris: +33 6 80 76 85 47
In London: Coming Soon
You can also send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will inform your Welcomer to do his/her best to slightly postpone the departure (up to 30 minutes but he/she will then have to shorten the activity). In cases where you cannot make it and miss the departure, no refund will be given.
Sometimes we use public transportation when needed (Paris is a big city!), but we also have activities that include a private van. In each activity page you will find a “What’s included” section indicating the transportation included with your activity.
Our activities take place even if the weather has decided to turn into rain or snow. Your Welcomer will do her/his best to adapt the itinerary to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
If an activity is cancelled for any reason that falls under our responsibility (a Welcomer’s absence, sickness, reservation mistakes, etc.), we will of course try to find the best alternative, as we want the best for you! If our proposal is not agreeable to you, we will refund you within 10 business days. In the event that circumstances outside of our control force us to cancel a tour (unexpected closings, cases of force majeure…), we will unfortunately be unable to refund you, though your Welcomer will do his/her best to make your time with us as enjoyable as possible.
Our prices are indicated in Euros, Pounds and US dollars (based on the daily conversion rate) to give you an indication. If you book an activity in Paris, you will be charged in Euros, but if you book an activity in London, you will be charged in Pounds.
We accept payment with all international credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, American Express), as well as PayPal!
Completely! Your bank information is encrypted thanks to our advanced SSL protocol. It will never remain on our site, since all payments go through our payment system provider (Crédit Agricole). This ensures more security for you with a PSI DSS certification as well as an efficient encrypting system. The green padlock next to the website’s URL during your payment guarantees the security of the transaction.
Crédit Agricole is the largest retail banking group in France, and the third largest bank in the world. By accepting Crédit Agricole’s online banking as a payment method, merchants can offer a secure checkout payment method. Online shoppers that use the online banking service of Crédit Agricole are redirected to their trusted home banking website to complete the payment online. These online bank transfers are normally settled within 1-2 business days and will not be eligible for chargeback.
We will refund you within 10 business days with the credit card you used to make your payment.
So sorry to not have you with us!
- Should the cancellation occur more than 72 hours before the beginning of the Activity, we will refund you the full amount of the Reservation, apart from all the museum/palace activities on which we need to retain a 20% cancellation fee to cover the reservation cost of ticket.*
- Should the cancellation occur between 72 hours and 24 hours before the beginning of the Activity, we will refund you 50% of the Reservation.
- We will not make any refund for cancellations occurring less than 24 hours before the beginning of the Activity.
For Workshops and Classes:
- Should the cancellation occur between 7 days and 48 hours before the beginning of the Activity, we will refund you 50% of the reservation.
- We will not make any refund for cancellations occurring less than 48 hours before the beginning of the Activity.
- Should the cancellation occur 10 days before your cruise, we will refund you the full amount of the Reservation.
- Should the cancellation occur between 10 days and 5 days before your cruise, we will refund you 50% of the Reservation.
- We will not make any refund for cancellations occurring less than 5 days before the beginning of the cruise.
*The Eiffel Tower and the Catacombs activities are not refundable
- Should the cancellation occur more than 14 days before the beginning of the Activity, we will refund you the full amount of the Reservation, apart from all the museum activities on which we need to retain a 25% cancellation fee to cover the reservation cost of ticket.
- Should the cancellation occur between 14 and 7 days before the beginning of the Activity, we will refund you 50% of the Reservation.
- We will not make any refund for cancellations occurring less than 6 days before the beginning of the Activity.
For Workshops and Classes:
- Should the cancellation occur 7 days before the beginning of the Activity, we will refund you 50% of the reservation.
- We will not make any refund for cancellations occurring less than 7 days before the beginning of the Activity.
No one likes unpleasant surprises; for this reason, all our services are fully insured, both in Paris and in London. Meet the Locals has contracted insurance with ASSURANCE GENERALY to protect you from civil liability.
The Generali Group, the third largest European insurer, operates in 69 countries and on every continent. Its business includes insurance and it also provides assistance through its subsidiary, Europ Assistance.
Most our activities are convenient for people who require a wheelchair. You will find this information in the ‘In a nutshell’ section of any activity, marked as “Wheelchair Friendly!” or “Wheelchairs not accessible.”
Our mission is to craft interactive and fun tours for families of all kinds, even those who may require special attention, have health complications, or simply take a little longer to get from Point A to Point B. If you think your family will require special care, just contact us and our superhero team will get to work to make your vacation magical, with all the flexibility and sensitivity that you deserve.